Fishtown Kensington Area BID
The Fishtown Kensington Area Business Improvement District (BID) was created to plan and fund services to improve and preserve our neighborhood. As of January 2020, operations began under the Fishtown District, which is comprised of Fishtown Kensington Area Business Improvement District and Fishtown Co.
A BID is a formal authorization by City Council to provide a formal collective organization which collects funds based on assessments of the property. The BID has official boundaries, and businesses and commercial properties within that specified area work to decide what is best for improving their community.
The Board of Directors for the BID are made-up of residents, business and property owners, and others. The Board along with the executive team and under the guidance of the committees and stakeholders will determine the best way to use the funds toward public safety, marketing, operations, and beautification.
We believe that the formation of a BID allows us to work together to improve the quality of life of our residents as well as the success and growth of our businesses, including enhancing public safety, improving parking and pedestrian access, cleaning streets and sidewalks, overseeing responsible growth, attracting businesses and creating more jobs, branding and marketing the district, providing more promotional programming and hiring full-time staff to manage all of the above.
With these goals in mind, we came together to explore how a BID can help us ensure the Fishtown area continues to be a great neighborhood to live, work, and visit.
Fishtown Kensington Area BID Board of Directors
- The FKABID Board of Directors will soon have a posted schedule of regular monthly meeting times and location.
- Josh Olivo, Elk Street Management, Chair
- Paul Kimport, Johnny Brenda’s/The International Bar
- Lisa Mazzola, Mazzola & Company, Treasurer
- Denise Mayer, Domani Developers, Secretary
- Council President Darrell Clarke
- Council member Maria Quinones-Sanchez
- Council member Mark Squilla
- Dominique Frio, Rivers Casino
- Jon Geeting, Resident
- Janay Green, Saint Lazarus Bar
- Andrew Janos, Copper Hill Real Estate
- Matt Ricciotti, The Fillmore
- Skip Schwarzman, Feast Your Eyes Catering
- Lee Stoetzel, West Collection
- Michael Tonuci, Michael’s Decorators
Kathleen Treude, Fishtown Jewelers
Advisory Board – Greg Root (Defined Hospitality), Caroline Jones (The Princeton Group), and Matt Ross (MAR Partners)